Luxy Hair is a global beauty eCommerce business based out of Toronto, Canada. We have 250K+ customers in 165+ countries.
We have built our business organically through social media, including our YouTube channel where we have grown an audience of 3+ million subscribers and 300+ million views. This is still core to our business, however, we are only starting to uncover the tremendous opportunity we have both as a business and a brand.
We believe in Delivering Value, Gratitude, Staying Humble, being Solution Oriented, Transparency, Ownership, Constant Learning/Improvement and being a Linchpin.
We've got a strong community and great products. We consistently have strong revenue, profits and cash flow. The business is growing, and we want to take it to the next level. This is where you come in!
As the Senior Editor, you will be responsible for the company’s overall editorial strategy and driving the creation of unique and compelling content for our Hair Blog.
Your main is goal is to grow the media side of our business and make our blog the ultimate go-to resource for women for all things hair. The blog may expand into other categories of lifestyle as well.
We’re looking for someone who’s obsessed with beauty, and who can contextualize what’s happening in the beauty world with content releases from a unique and fresh angle. You are internet savvy and have endless ideas, both big and small. You know what readers respond to and what they don’t, and someone who cares about why.
Our goal as a company is to empower our customers and readers to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things. As the leader in digital content strategy and creation, you have the ability to do just this – curate surprising market discoveries, identify emerging beauty trends, and inform our growing customer base of cutting-edge exclusives.
In this role you:
- Oversee the editorial/content strategy and manage the editorial calendar
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends in beauty, fashion, lifestyle and pop-culture
- Pitch, write, edit, and manage Luxy Hair’s beauty coverage across all digital channels (e.g. Hair Blog, Instagram, Facebook) as needed
- Shape the tone and vision of all beauty content, taking into account KPI’s, audient engagement an traffic growth
- Proactively assess story performance via analytics and plan future content accordingly
- Work closely with Marketing and Design to ensure all messaging is cohesive and in-line with overall brand strategy
- Brainstorm and develop editorial features and pitch beauty brand partnerships
- Develop and implement growth strategies and built the brand’s reach using SEO, traffic analysis, and social media
- Ensure market leading quality of all digital channels are replicated at all times
- Linchpin - a proactive individual who is indispensable to an organization
- A minimum of 3 years in publishing or digital media, with a focus on beauty and editing
- Experience at a reputable publishing house in the US or with a US dominant market is preferred
- Proven background in journalism and/or branded editorial content creation
- A key eye for design and all things aesthetic
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Experience with video production; comfortable on camera
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects at a time
- Determined and keen to constantly evolve company-wide strategic thinking
- Passionate for social media and growing audience figures
- Intrinsic understanding of the Luxy Hair customer and what motivates them
We care about your professional and personal development. Here are some of the perks of joining our team:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- A beautiful downtown office and a very strong culture
- Opportunity to work in a start up environment with funding backed by a cash positive business
- We'll build a strong Alliance and make sure that what success looks for you in your career development is being met and also map out your career progression with us
- Bi-Monthly Lunch and Learns and Bi-Monthly Book Club
- Weekly remote Fridays