Social Media Coordinator
Do you live and breathe social media? Love creating video and photo content, and have a knack for engaging social conversation? Are you passionate about building and growing an online community?
If all of this sounds exciting to you, and you’re looking for an opportunity to join a fun, passionate, and hard-working team that’s driven by providing value, execution and results—keep reading.
Luxy Hair is a premium hair extensions e-commerce company with 250K+ customers in 165+ countries. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Luxy has built its business through social media, including their YouTube channel which has over 3.2 million subscribers and half a billion views, making it the world’s largest hair channel. This is still core to the business, however, we are only starting to uncover the tremendous opportunity we have both as a business and a brand. That’s where you come in.
A certified Great Place to Work, Luxy Hair ranks in the top 2% of the best places to work in Canada. We're looking for like-minded people who dream big and who are excited by the opportunities that a young, fast-growing startup has to offer. We believe in delivering value through extreme ownership, honest transparency, constant learning, and being a Linchpin.
You will be joining the team as a full-time Social Media Coordinator. You're a Linchpin, have a great work ethic and looking for a place where you can grow with a small team and make a big difference.
You’re uber creative, always take initiative, not afraid to get in front and behind the camera to create awesome content that will resonate with followers online. You LOVE all things hair and beauty and stay on top of trends. You’re charismatic, have an eye for design, and have a strong sense of the Luxy Hair brand and aesthetic.
In this role you will be responsible for creating content, leading, and managing Luxy Hair’s social media (YouTube channel, Instagram and stories, Pinterest, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.), as well as assist other business growth initiatives.
In This Role You:
- Will grow social media engagement and following across all platforms
- Consistently create original photo and video content to help grow engagement and following on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
- Lead and execute the YouTube strategy and create weekly videos either by working with other content creators or by being behind the camera
- Maintain and post on social media platforms daily
- Experiment with new and creative ways to leverage social media activities
- Monitor trends, strategies and best practices in the social media market and apply knowledge to Luxy Hair Social Media initiatives
- Linchpin - a proactive individual who is indispensable to an organization
- Uber creative with an eye for detail and the Luxy Hair brand aesthetic - will need to create design-driven content across all social channels
- Experience as a content creator through a blog, YouTube channel etc.
- Live and breathe online; bordering on neurotic checker of Instagram, Facebook, email, etc.
- Previous photography experience a must and access to a professional camera a plus
- Advanced photo editing and video editing skills
- Experience using and marketing across social networks, blogs and content sharing communities including Facebook, Buzzfeed, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
- Have a successful track record of growing social media presences and reach
- Experience with SEO a plus
- Must be able to work well under pressure and fast-approaching deadlines
- Love for/Experience with Hair Extensions/Hair/Beauty a strong plus
- Relevant work experience for a fast-paced, growing digital/beauty company and/or startup preferred
We care about your professional and personal development. Here are some of the perks of joining our team:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- A beautiful downtown office and a very strong culture
- Opportunity to work in a start up environment with funding backed by a cash positive business
- We'll build a strong Alliance and make sure that what success looks for you in your career development is being met and also map out your career progression with us
- Bi-Monthly Lunch and Learns and Bi-Monthly Book Club
- Weekly remote Fridays