Luxy Hair is a global beauty eCommerce business based out of Toronto, Canada. We have 250K+ customers in 165+ countries.
We have built our business organically through social media, including our YouTube channel where we have grown an audience of 3+ million subscribers and 300+ million views. This is still core to our business, however, we are only starting to uncover the tremendous opportunity we have both as a business and a brand.
We believe in Delivering Value, Gratitude, Staying Humble, being Solution Oriented, Transparency, Ownership, Constant Learning/Improvement and being a Linchpin.
We've got a strong community and great products. We consistently have strong revenue, profits and cash flow. The business is growing, and we want to take it to the next level. This is where you come in!
We are looking for a passionate Videographer/Photographer to create beautiful video and photo content on a consistent basis supporting brand initiatives telling our story. The successful candidate will be able to achieve technical, qualitative and quantitative goals while meeting project’s needs and deadlines.
In this role you:
- Execute creative vision by editing and shooting videos and photos
- Provide product launch and event videography/photography
- Maintain a high image quality that is on-brand for Luxy Hair
- Assist with quarterly/monthly campaign initiatives
- Lead and execute creative direction for videos
- Styling product shoots and direct participants
- Interact with our Art Director, Marketing and Customer Service teams regularly on collaborative projects
- Constantly improve image quality using various editing methods
- Maintain an in depth understanding of photographic best practices and procedures
- Assist in improving production efficiencies and workflow for videography and photography
- Provide training and/or guidance as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Linchpin - a proactive individual who is indispensable to an organization
- Proven professional experience shooting and editing videos (and ability to provide 2-3 examples)
- A strong eye-catching portfolio that demonstrates your love of creating content
- Proficient with traditional and modern equipment
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Suite, Capture One and FinalCut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere
- Demonstrated Shooting, lighting and printing skills
- 1 - 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong self-discipline, work-ethic, ownership, and personal accountability
- Competency in applying photographic best practices and techniques
- Knowledge of production process for online publishing and various printing applications
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Ability to commute to downtown Toronto office
We care about your professional and personal development. Here are some of the perks of joining our team:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- A beautiful downtown office and a very strong culture
- Opportunity to work in a start up environment with funding backed by a cash positive business
- We'll build a strong Alliance and make sure that what success looks for you in your career development is being met and also map out your career progression with us
- Bi-Monthly Lunch and Learns and Bi-Monthly Book Club
- Weekly remote Fridays