Social Media and Editorial Coordinator
Luxy Hair is a global customer-centric hair extensions eCommerce business based out of Toronto, Canada.
We have built our business organically through social media including our YouTube channel where we have grown an audience of nearly 3 million subscribers and over 300 million views. This is still core to the business, however, we are only starting to uncover the tremendous opportunity we have both as a business and a brand.
We've got a strong community and great products. We consistently have strong revenue, profits and cashflow. This business is growing, and we want to take it to the next level. This is where you come in!
You will be joining the team as a full-time Social Media and Editorial Coordinator. You're a Linchpin, have a great work ethic and looking for a place where you can grow with a small team and make a big difference.
You’re uber creative, not afraid to get in front and behind the camera and love all things hair and beauty. You love design and are a Photoshop pro. You’re charismatic, bubbly and have a strong sense of the Luxy brand and aesthetic.
In this role you will lead and manage our YouTube channel, Social Media (Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest, Facebook etc.) and Blog Content as well as assist and lead other business growth initiatives.
- Manage/maintain editorial calendar and ensure that it’s always relevant, highly searchable and value add information
- Create weekly YouTube videos either by working with influencers or by being behind the camera
- Create SEO friendly content through keyword research
- Create weekly content for the Luxy Hair Blog with focus on valuable content and original imagery
- Grow and manage/update social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest, etc. daily
- Create original content for Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest, etc.
- Experiment with new and creative ways to leverage social media activities
- Monitor trends, strategies and best practices in the social media market and apply knowledge to Luxy Hair Social Media initiatives
- Proactive and organized Linchpin with great initiative and able to move things forward independently
- Uber creative with an eye for detail and the Luxy Hair brand aesthetic - will need to create design-driven content across all social channels
- Experience as a content creator through a blog, YouTube channel etc.
- Live and breathe online; bordering on neurotic checker of Instagram, Facebook, email, etc.
- Previous photography experience a must and access to a professional camera a plus
- Advanced photo editing and video editing skills with programs such as Adobe Photoshop/InDesign and Advanced Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere
- Experience using and marketing across social networks, blogs and content sharing communities including Facebook, Buzzfeed, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
- Have a successful track record of growing social media presences and reach
- Experience with SEO a plus
- Must be able to work well under pressure and fast-approaching deadlines
- Love for/Experience with Hair Extensions/Hair/Beauty a strong plus
- Relevant work experience for a fast-paced, growing digital/beauty company and/or startup preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Enjoy unlimited healthy snacks at our beautiful downtown Toronto office
- Bi-Monthly Lunch and Learns (Past topics including meditation and design)
- Bi-Monthly Book Club (We really believe in self growth both professionally and personally)
- Bi-Weekly remote Fridays
- One set of free hair extensions every quarter and a family and friends rate
- You set personal goals and we help you accomplish them!