Product Development Manager
411 on Luxy Hair
Luxy Hair is a global customer-centric hair extensions eCommerce business based out of Toronto, Canada.
We have built our business organically through social media including our YouTube channel where we have grown an audience of 3 million subscribers and over 300 million views. This is still core to the business, however, we are only starting to uncover the tremendous opportunity we have both as a business and a brand.
We've got a strong community and great products. We consistently have strong revenue, profits and cashflow. The business is growing, and we want to take it to the next level. This is where you come in!
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be responsible for strategically developing and managing existing and emerging product lines and launches within the hair extension business and new product categories. You will lead new product development from creation to commercialization. You will drive continual product improvements and propose new product ideas based on ongoing customer research, market/competitive analysis, and product performance. You will be responsible for ensuring that the new products delight our consumers, are meaningfully differentiated and meet key business objectives including timing and cost goals.
- Lead development of hair products, and various other product launches in the hair category from creation to commercialization
- Key activities include developing product development briefs and timelines, establishing product development requirements (i.e. key benefits / features, product specifications), package direction and coordination, consumer performance and testing, sampling and preliminary pricing analysis, overseas communication with suppliers and tracking of projects
- Develop product distribution strategy and build new retail relationships
- Source suppliers for packaging and manufacturing
- Manage product logistics and ensure smooth operations
- Maintain great relationships with existing suppliers and manufacturers and establish new relationships with reliable vendors
- Project manage objectives, strategy, resources, costs and schedule to ensure smooth product development & launch
- Proactively monitor industry trends and stay abreast of the competitive beauty market by assessing product trends, competitor items, pricing, and trade exhibit findings
- Partner collaboratively with Marketing and Operations to ensure product launches are innovative, timely and well branded
- Develop competitive analysis reports for all new product development launches (i.e. product positioning recommendations and identification of customer and market needs)
- Work with Customer Service team to conduct surveys of consumer trends with current customer base
- Diagnose and liaise on any quality issues that arise with Customer Service team and coordinate with manufacturers to maintain and update standards of existing products
- Linchpin - a proactive individual who is indispensable to an organization (https://www.amazon.ca/Linchpin-Are-Indispensable-S...)
- 5+ years of new product development experience including experience sourcing and working with overseas
suppliers (must be in beauty/hair)
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to independently meet business objectives/timelines with minimal guidance and supervision
- Strong aesthetic eye with superb Photoshop and design skills and previous branding/marketing experience
- Strong business fundamentals and a background in eCommerce
- Comfortable working and thriving in an entrepreneurial and small team environment where everyone wears multiple hats
- Able to balance marketing creativity with great project management skills and stay super organized and detail oriented
- Strong passion for hair and beauty
- Able to commute daily to head office in downtown Toronto
We care about your professional and personal development! Here are some of the perks of joining our team:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Bi-Monthly Lunch and Learns (Past topics including meditation and design)
- Bi-Monthly Book Club (We really believe in self growth both professionally and personally)
- Bi-Weekly remote Fridays
- One set of free hair extensions every quarter and a family and friends rate
- You set personal goals and we help you accomplish them!